Where: Gloucester Dog Park
When: Saturday, June 4th, 11-3:00 PM
Entry Fee: $5.00
Competitors may run the course up to three times.
Best Small Dog (under 25 lbs.)…….$40.00 Visa Gift Card
Best Bigger Dog (over 25 lbs.)……. $40.00 Visa Gift Card
Judges’ Choice…………………………... $20.00 Visa Gift Card
1) All participants must register with competition officials before starting the race.
2) Only one dog and pet owner allowed in the agility center at a time. Competitors must wait their turn outside the agility center area fence.
3) Dogs & their handlers must begin the course from the designated starting area.
4) Dog and owner will begin their run through the course at the judge’s cue, “Now.”
5) The agility course must be run in consecutive order: (1) A-Frame, (2) Ring (competitors choose one of the three rings), (3) Tunnel, (4) Jump (5) Pedestal Walk (6) Pause Table.
6) Dogs must be unleashed during the race.
7) Dog treats, voice commands and other training means (whistle, clicker…) may be used during the competition.
8) Touching the dog during the run will negatively affect the final score.
8) Timing begins once the competitors leave the designated starting area and ends once the dog is in the sit or down position on the pause table.
9) Judges’ decisions are final.
10) Any mistreatment of animals or rude or obnoxious behavior from human participants will be cause for immediate dismissal from the competition and area.
Old Mother Hubbard is celebrating 90 years of baking delicious, natural dog biscuits! Join us at the Gloucester Dog Park (located within Stage Fort Park) in Gloucester, MA on
June 18th from 10am-2pm
for a party with pet parents and their pups!
-All are invited to this free community event at the Gloucester Dog Park: http://www.gloucesterdogpark.org/
-Doggie photo booth complete with costumes and props for your pooch
-Indulge your dog at the Old Mother Hubbard Biscuit Bar!
-Complementary raffle tickets for a chance to win a 1-year-supply of Old Mother Hubbard treats!
-Meet-and-greet with Boston-area celebrity pups Harvard Dangerfieldand others
Congratulations to all who attended the Solar Lighting Dedication at the Gloucester Dog Park Tuesday night! The dedication was a big success and a culmination of a three year protect to install four new solar lights at the Gloucester Dog Park! Now, many more dogs & owners can use the park even when it gets dark outside earlier in the winter months! The lights are on a photo sensor so they turn on shortly after dusk and are set to turn off at 9:00 PM. This greatly increases the hours of use and enjoyment for dogs and owners at the Gloucester Dog Park and is beneficial for the environment too!
A special thank you to Tom & Kristin Zarella for their very generous donation of the solar lights to the Gloucester Dog Park. Thank you to the many individual donors who helped to contribute funds to install the solar lights at the dog park including a very generous gift from the Schmidt Family Foundation. And thank you to Nikki Bach of Bach Builders who took the lead, organized and supervised the entire installation of the solar lighting job. And thank you to all the Gloucester Dog Park Board members for helping to make this project happen. This is a true benefit to the City of Gloucester and one that will be enjoyed by the citizens and dog owners of Cape Ann for years to come!
In just a few days we'll be celebrating @OldMotherHubbardNaturalDogSnacks #90YearsInTheBaking with a party at the Gloucester Dog Park! Join @brandy_and_moose and other people and pups June 18 from 10am-2pm for freebies, giveaways, a doggy photo booth, local pup celebs and much more! Learn more & RSVP: https://goo.gl/YFBkIR